Monday, February 2, 2015

Cleanse Week 1 Day 1

I'm going to try to blog every day of the cleanse, to help keep me from quitting and because Kate probably is too.

Today I had the morning tonic and green smoothie, and then some roasted dandelion root tea with a spot of cashew milk. I think I like it even better with the milk!

After class I went to the store to pick up a few things, and ended up eating some almonds and a lemon larabar. Which is not completely cleanse friendly, but I think in Week 1 it's more acceptable. I only was going to eat a bite but it just tasted so good and I was hungry! I ate some blueberries too. After my first class I had my lunch/afternoon meal with quinoa, sweet potato, chickpeas, greens, and beet hummus. Yum and pink. I had two clementines after work before I broke my lazy not working out streak and went for a 20 minute run. It was hard, but mostly because I just weight more than my body would like and also my knee was still hurting a bit. I busted it last weekend when my foot got caught and I fell right on it.

We still had some food to use up so we didn't follow the menu exactly but we made our own food that fit within the guidelines. Tomorrow I have to go to a meeting at a Mexican restaurant so we'll see how that goes! I probably won't get anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment