Sunday, December 14, 2014

Welcome to the 80's. Alternatively, Fructose is Poison

the revival of the slack jaw
these are my friends
I planned a lot of blog posts but forgot to actually post them... anyways, they were kind of negative and I was feeling frustrated with myself and how some things have been going and comparing myself to others, which is never good. So I'm not going to post them. I had a pretty great week in Austin for Thanksgiving, even though I was sick the whole time, and I can't believe I'm already going to leave for Chicago in a week! I'm so excited!


In other news, yesterday was our work party, which was 80's themed. I actually had way more fun than I thought I would. Although I (usually...) really like working with kids, there is a lot of drama and management issues going on at work that I don't agree with and it can make it hard to be positive at and about work. Add to that the fact that I live with 2 coworkers, and it can be hard to escape negative situations. It's always a good idea to hang out with my coworkers outside of work!
And I got employee of the year! I really was not expecting it and I do feel really grateful even though only the directors had a say in the decision. I have been doing a lot more work this year and it's nice to know it wasn't unnoticed! I know some of my coworkers work just as hard or harder than I do. I was feeling down again this past week so it was nice to feel appreciated (or as my boss would say, appreciative. He has a way with words).

However, I believe they are trying to poison me.
pure poison
They gave me a basket with mediocre looking fruit (not poison) and then several packages of poison. Including HFCS, artificial flavors and colors, hydrogenated vegetable oils (trans fats), and sugar. Excuse me, fructose. Pronounced fruhktose. Kate and I think it's all part of their master plan. Oh well, at least I have this amazing jacket. It might even be my favorite jacket I own and I have a thing for jackets so that's a big deal.





No comments:

Post a Comment